Adult Dog Walk – Northampton
A FREE social walk for social dogs over 8 months.
****The Dog Walk is ON this Saturday.****
Check the website/Facebook on the morning of the walk, in case of cancellation due to the weather. No need to register now, just turn up!
What is it?
The walk is just over an hour long and held in the wonderful surroundings of Bradlaugh Fields. It combines a group dog walk with a simple exercise or 2 each week to encourage positive canine socialisation. The combination of physical exercise and mental stimulation can benefit many dogs. Since the first group dog walk back in 2011, it’s grown in popularity, attracting visitors from across the country! Dogs younger than 8 months old are invited to join the Puppy Walk.
- SHORT LEAD – No Extendable leads
- Training treats
- Poo bags
- Sensible footwear (The terrain is uneven in places and can be muddy and slippery in wet weather)
Who can join?
All friendly sociable dogs older than 8 months are welcome to join the walk. If your dog is nervous, reactive or shows signs of aggression toward other people or dogs, please contact me before joining the walk so that I can advise you on what options may be suitable for your dog. Dogs are kept on lead during the walk and there is no pressure to take part in any of the social exercises if you feel that you or your dog are not ready for them.
Please do not attend if your dog is unwell in any way.
- Every Saturday (Please check website before leaving home for notification of a cancelled walk)
- Arrive before 9:15am as this is when the walk begins.
- Meet in the large open space adjacent to the cafe/visitor centre barn in the centre of Bradlaugh Fields
- No need to book.
- Suggested parking NN2 7NX or NN3 6DR
- What 3 Words location each.deflection.punk
- Please ensure that you do not obstruct access to and from residents driveways when parking your vehicle.
Booking not required!
There is no charge for the walk, any donations to Animals In Need will be very gratefully received. Just £2 per week from everyone joining my walks could raise over £3500 per year for the charity!
Any person attending the ‘Adult Dog Walk – Northampton’ does so entirely at their own risk. Any person bringing a dog to ‘Adult Dog Walk – Northampton’ is entirely responsible for the actions of themselves and/or their dog(s) at all times. Nathan Watson Dog Behaviour shall not be held responsible for any incident, accident or injury to either human or dog or for any losses or damages however they may be caused. Photos may be taken at any point during the walk to be used on the internet and in marketing material. If you wish not to be photographed just let me know at the start of the walk.